Following implementations are necessary for creating a Green City:
- Appropriate urban planning should be made comprehensively.
- Location with green natural beauty makes people feeling a connection to their surroundings.
- Going green not only save the planet but also contributes to generate revenue for a city. Sustainable manufacturing and services can contribute to make money.
Most sustainable cities of the world follow some best practices of green technologies and policies.They are as follows:
- Committed and appropriate plan with regular progress report.
- Building codes should be implemented by green technology appropriately.
- Generating electricity utilizing renewable energy resources like sun, wind, geothermal and biomass etc.
- Implementing tree plantation.
- Encourage people to buy and use environment friendly green products.
- Creative and knowledge based economies should be encouraged.
- Green transportation system for public should be invested and encouraged to minimize the carbon emissions.
- Enhanced density.
- Endeavor and policies to minimize the waste and water consumption.
- Affordable and healthy food should be approached.
- Citizens should be encouraged to involve in the efforts of grass roots.
- Example should be made by City Mayor.
- It is a good thing to create a culture of little competition.