What makes a building "Green"?
- Using energy, water, and other resources effectively.
- Keep the health of tenants safe and increasing employee efficiency.
- Decreasing waste, pollution and environment degradation.
What are the benefits of green building?
- Increase and protect biodiversity and ecosystems
- Develop air and water quality
- Diminish waste streams
- Save and restore natural resources
- Minimize operating costs
- Generate, increase, and outline markets for green products and services
- Develop tenant productivity
- Enhance life-cycle economic performance
- Enrich tenant comfort and health
- Amplify visual qualities
- Reduce stress on local infrastructure
- Enhance overall quality of life
How do buildings affect climate change?